Infants and Young Children
Baptism is the first sacrament of Christian initiation. All sacraments are celebrations of Christ's love at work in our lives as members of a community of faith. All sacraments ideally take place in a gathering of the parish community.
Parents of infants/young children are asked to:
- Contact the parish to set a time to speak to about the baptism of your child.
Fr. Noel Sanvicente or Fr. Phong Nguyen - 408-205-4320
- Baptisms are normally scheduled for one of the Sunday Masses on the weekend of the third Sunday of the month.
- Godparents and parents are required to register for and attend a baptism session (class) usually held on the first Saturday of each month - registration can be done through our parish secretary - 408-245-5554
- Fill out a baptism form (if you wish, this can be done using the online Baptism Form); The baptism session is valid for one year.
- Godparents are required to be present at the celebration of the Sacrament of Baptism.
Children aged 7 and up are to be instructed in the Rite of Christian Initiation of Children (RCIC) with their parents so they will have a basic knowledge of Christ and their Catholic faith before Baptism. Contact the Parish Faith Formation Office (Sept. through May, 408-746-0172) for further information.
Teens and Adults
Teens and adults participate in a process of study and prayer called the Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults (RCIA). RCIA meetings take place from September through June each year. Please contact Deacon Mike Haas at 408-245-5554 - email@example.com for more information.